Merseburg Cathedral will reopen to visitors from 1 June 2021. The requirement for this is that the incidence of the Burgenlandkreis remains below 100. The cathedral shop will also reopen and visitors can visit the cathedral archives and the cathedral library. Here, however, a visit can only take place after prior registration and in a fixed time slot.
- Access is open to all, showing a negative test or proof of vaccination/health is not required to visit.
- There are a limited number of visitors allowed in the Cathedral at any one time, so advance registration is recommended, especially for groups. The purchase of a time slot ticket is possible via our Shop (fast access in the time window is then guaranteed).
In order to be able to trace infection chains, visitor data must be collected and stored. To facilitate data collection, the Luca-App is used.
- It is mandatory for employees and guests to wear a medical mouth guard in the facilities.
- The flow of visitors is directed in the cathedral in such a way that arriving visitors and those leaving the cathedral do not collide.
- The applicable spacing regulations must be observed.
- Possibility for disinfection will be available in the cashier area and in the toilets.
- All surfaces and sanitary facilities are cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
Öffentliche Führungen für Individualgäste sind wieder möglich. Ein Nachweis für Getestete, vollständig Geimpfte, Genesene oder geimpfte Genesene ist vorzuweisen.
Führungen für Gruppen sind auf Voranmeldung für Getestete, vollständig Geimpfte, Genesene oder geimpfte Genesene mit entsprechendem Nachweis möglich.
Until further notice, all educational offers of the KinderDomusMerseburch are cancelled.
Tested: a negative rapid test result must be presented, it must not be older than 24 hours and must come from an official testing centre (written/digital), an identity card must be carried. You can find test centres in the Saalekreis here.
Vaccinated: a vaccination card or similar document must be shown as proof, the vaccination must be complete and must date back at least 14 days.
Convalescent: a positive PCR test must be available, it must be no more than 6 months and at least 28 days old, after the 6 months the status expires.
vaccinated convalescents: proof of a positive PCR test at least 28 days ago, this time it may be older than 6 months, and a vaccination card or similar document showing that the guest was vaccinated once more than 2 weeks ago must be presented. From then on, the guest is considered fully vaccinated, that is, he does not lose the status as recovered, as soon as the infection was more than half a year ago.
For further questions please contact the visitor service of the Vereinigte Domstifter:
Visitor Service Vereinigte Domstifter
Tel.: +49 (0) 3461 21 00 45
Fax: +49 (0) 3461 72 06 21